STATE RADIO   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» STATE RADIO » original FTS posts » request from me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: request from me
Mike D

Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Mike D   Email Mike D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, I know many, if not all, the people on this new board are from the Star 6. Can we just try and keep this from becoming what the Star 6 is? Basically try and keep it all FOTS talk and no "i think this is bad for Dispatch" talk. I know it will be hard with little know about the nuts and bolts of this project, but one thing is for certain. Charlie Stokes wants this to be far from his former band. He is not using the name Chad and he is not saying "of Dispatch." So lets keep it the way he wants it and talk about FOTS. Rock on!
Posts: 98 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lexi

Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Lexi   Email Lexi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, but I would just like to say that we were a little surprised that on the flyers being handed out on friday, it said: Featuring Chad Stokes Urmston Of Dispatch

Wierd. But in any case, I'm very excited for FOTS, it sounds awsome.

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Lexi ]

Posts: 63 | From: North Salem, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Funkonia

Member # 7

- posted      Profile for Funkonia   Email Funkonia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think most people that already know of FOTS know its chad from dispatch

but aside from that, i agree

Flag Of The Shiners is not DISPATCH. so we shouldnt have to hear much about that

Posts: 63 | From: Boone, NC (Appalachian State University) | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

- posted      Profile for electricmayhem   Email electricmayhem   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yup definitely... i agree...
Posts: 526 | From: Buenos Aires, ARG | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pappy

Member # 8

- posted      Profile for Pappy   Email Pappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Funkonia:
i think most people that already know of FOTS know its chad from dispatch

Yes, most people realize that its the same Chad... nobody is denying that.

I think the key point is that Chad is not trying to promote Flag of the Shiners as a solo project he is doing while in Dispatch, but rather a distinct and separate entity.

As to the following of Dispatch's fan base for FOTS, Chad thinks it would be great if the fans follow, but he doesn't want to draw them a line to get there...

Peace -

Brian

Posts: 9 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leigh

Member # 38

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree, and i also kinda feel like a lot of kids are coming here just because star 6 went down... and i mean i can understand that, but i know a lot of *the other band's* fans liked the more poppy sound and not everyone will be into FOTS. but, who knows
Posts: 77 | From: Boston | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

- posted      Profile for electricmayhem   Email electricmayhem   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leigh:
i agree, and i also kinda feel like a lot of kids are coming here just because star 6 went down... and i mean i can understand that, but i know a lot of *the other band's* fans liked the more poppy sound and not everyone will be into FOTS. but, who knows

she speaks the truth.

ende

Member # 9

- posted      Profile for ende   Email ende   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aye she does. And if you disagree, she punches you in the nards.
Posts: 312 | From: DC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

yeah and believe me, it huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts
MarkRodge

Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MarkRodge         Edit/Delete Post 
they will use "of dispatch" so that they can be recognized and heard by those who are only familiar with dispatch. just because they aren't using the name dispatch anymore doesn't mean that they will become another commercial entity of mainstream recordings. without underground word of mouth and pirated internet music, it would have been near impossible for all of us to hear dispatch, so keep on spreading dispatch as well as charlie, pete, and at this rate brad will have his own as well...anybody foresee a touring session with the three of them performing their own material
Posts: 2 | From: 6 Greenbriar Court | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

no i definitely don't
Mike D

Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Mike D   Email Mike D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree. the main reason for this "hiatus" we'll call it for the sack of argument, is so that three guys who spent 7 years of their life together can have a break and do their own thing. i don't foresee a show with the three of them appearing at the same time in the near or distant future...the exception being Killbourn and the DVD thing.

and i really think Charlie is trying to establish his own identity. he saw what marketing Pete as "of dispatch" did. he flopped in rooms too big for him to play and Dispatch crowds showed up expectin a dispatch show. he needs to be independent and star over.

Guy

Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Guy   Email Guy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to say im here b/c of the Star 6 im Krock101 over yonder. I think FOTS rock hard core and im glad chad pulled this thing off cuz its pretty badass. so rock on and keep the music going whether it be Dispatch, Chad (FOTS), Pete, The LT's whatever keep it alive and around. Rock on. Btw do we have any tour dates for Chad yet?
Posts: 88 | From: Potomac, Maryland | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
'illin

Member # 72

- posted      Profile for 'illin   Email 'illin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might be one of the 'teenie-boppers' you all refer to (18), or young ones, or whatev', and maybe Chad doesn't want this to be a Dispatch thing or thought as as "Of Dispatch", but you know what, it's sort of saddening to see all of you refuse to talk about Dispatch here because of us "Teenie-Boppers" you refer to, but you know what, i found out about FOTS(FTS), and so will every other true dispatch fan, because Chad is tight as hell, and i've loved every one of his songs, as do all the people I know that know of him... I know you guys love them, old or new, but the way it seems it sounds is that you guys are forgetting about what he did with Dispatch, and he did awesome things, changed my whole CD collection completely... and even I wish taht Chad, Dis, Pete, Brad, would be only someone that i know of like back in the day, but i felt good dispatching their music throughout my friends and my city...

sorry if i pissed anyone off...

it seems to be a red sky morning.

Posts: 4 | From: KC, MO | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

ummm no you're def. not one of the "teenyboppers", id say all but five people on here are younger than you... including me... (17)... i think teenyboppers are judged more by the way they act, not by how old they are... and a KANSAN/MISSOURIAN dispatch fan... that's so badass... i spent all summer living with the coolest guy ever from KC, MO... tried to convert him into dispatch, but it was tough... that'd be hilarious if you know him... he goes to a catholic school in KC, kansas i think...
Mike D

Member # 18

why is it sad that we don't want to discuss Dispatch on this board? I believe there is a whole message board dedicated to Dispatch called the Star 6. That's where you go talk about them. This is for Charlie's project. Yes, a lot of fans will be over here and will follow Chad, but they have to know that it is not Dispatch and will never be Dispatch. Chad wants to distance himself from the band and this is how he wants to do it. Coming on this board and talking about Dispatch would be a great disrespect to Chad. So relax and enjoy FOTS or FTS if you prefer, and let's leave the past behind.
AndyBabe

Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndyBabe   Email AndyBabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry- you all can hate me but i'm sorry...perhaps it's all too late but even if thats the case i love fots and love dispatch.. (but i didn't really didn't need to say that, huh?? whatever...
Posts: 7 | From: Iowa City, Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
AndyBabe

Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndyBabe   Email AndyBabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike D knows his shit!!!
AndyBabe

Member # 44

too bad we've to say sorry after everything we say these days..
<ftr>
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK I've seen pretty much everything, but whatever...we saw jason shnider or whatnot- notever.!...
IP: Logged
'illin

Member # 72

- posted      Profile for 'illin   Email 'illin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im about 20 mins out of KC, its actually St. Joseph, you might know if it if you lived in KC... and yea,Chad and everyone has a lot of fans out here now, mostly Chad... i lived at Virginia Tech for a summer and they had played there, picked them up form ym bro and his roomates and brought them back... now everyone here knows of 'em pretty much... we got them and OAR, but everyone loves chad.... so im sorry if that mad anyone mad earlier... i was a bit emotional(eh, had a few beverages)... and im glad im not considered a 'teenie-bopper'!!!!!@!
'illin

Member # 72

wow, and whoever wrote about the smilies being gremlins... you're right... you don't feed them after midnight... you highlight them with your mouse... sort of scarey...
'illin

Member # 72

thats the worst i think

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | STATE RADIO | Privacy Statement