STATE RADIO   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» STATE RADIO » original FTS posts » Ratings?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ratings?
ende

Member # 9

- posted      Profile for ende   Email ende   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Message board makers are always trying to make their message boards more interesting. Take, for example, the nifty new rating system tacked onto this board. You can give people 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 whole stars.

But who's going to give someone anything but 5 stars? Now really. I mean unless someone is an arse and everyone gives them a 0. But there's no real in betweens. You're a member of this board, or you're an idiot making negative posts and getting bad ratings. I want pretzels.

-ende

Posts: 312 | From: DC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stinky McTickles

Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Stinky McTickles   Email Stinky McTickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nobody thinks im cool enough to even give me a rating.

whoops, i do have a rating, sweet im awesome.

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Stinky McTickles ]

Posts: 138 | From: LI NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leigh

Member # 38

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you guys are probably right, they're a lot like brownie points, in that it makes people feel good ... or bad.. about themselves. i dont see the real the point though, since they eventually just get exploited and lose meaning... not that they had THAT much meaning to begin with... but you know what im saying
Posts: 77 | From: Boston | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
brendan

Member # 10

- posted      Profile for brendan   Email brendan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ratings are fun for a limited amount of time but the sad thing is that we live in a society where we all want to be rated the best. So compeditive and barbaric. Magazines, newspapers, and television rate our movies, books and music...we cant even make our own ratingsd. But the ratings here are different, we [the people] can make our own opinions.However, Cant we live in a world where everyone is expected to be a 5, we shouldnt have to tell them. I would like to think im a 5 as well as all of you (or maybe im too trusting).
Posts: 9 | From: Woodbury, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ende

Member # 9

- posted      Profile for ende   Email ende   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very inciteful Brend. It's further perverted by what's going on in our schools and baseball fields. Children are, no matter they suceed or fail, are unconditionaly rewarded. You're not allowed to tell a child that they arn't right. There are no longer wrong answers. Ive heard of kid's sports leagues where every team just 'ties' at the end and everyone gets a championship trophy.

I really fear what that generation is going to be like when they grow up. They are cut off from the real world by a gentle curtain of TLC by the PTA. What will they do when they have to deal with dissapointment? It's not guns or SUV's or cigarettes that's going to destroy this world.. it's our own children who are being bred in this perverted education system.

There's some education for ya
- ende

Posts: 312 | From: DC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kate

Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Kate   Email Kate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
brendan, good point....

and about the brownie point thing, i really don't understand why people thought they were cheapened...i mean come on, they were brownie points...how can something so insignificant be cheapened? i guess that's kinda what leigh said tho right?

everyone on this board deserves a rating of 5 stars because you all kick ass

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Kate ]

Posts: 11 | From: CT | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stinky McTickles

Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Stinky McTickles   Email Stinky McTickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kate:
brendan, good point....

and about the brownie point thing, i really don't understand why people thought they were cheapened...i mean come on, they were brownie points...how can something so insignificant be cheapened? i guess that's kinda what leigh said tho right?

everyone on this board deserves a rating of 5 stars because you all kick ass

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Kate ]

wat are brownie points? Ur not refering to some other bands board are u? No u cant be.

Kate

Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Kate   Email Kate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay i get it!!!! i am not mentioning the other band that cannotbementioned...i was just replying to leighs message. um here's a shout out to charlie stokes..you're the bomb and i love fots lol
Stinky McTickles

Member # 19

quote:
Originally posted by Kate:
okay i get it!!!! i am not mentioning the other band that cannotbementioned...i was just replying to leighs message. um here's a shout out to charlie stokes..you're the bomb and i love fots lol

who's leigh, she wouldnt be someone who posts on the message board of some other band is she? Nah, cant be.

Kate

Member # 14

you're annoying

just kidding of course (or am i?)

brendan

Member # 10

- posted      Profile for brendan   Email brendan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone notice that ratings no longer exist?
Posts: 9 | From: Woodbury, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | STATE RADIO | Privacy Statement