STATE RADIO   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» STATE RADIO » original FTS posts » Whats in a Name?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats in a Name?
GQJSP

Member # 36

- posted      Profile for GQJSP   Email GQJSP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flag of the Shiners?

Whered it come from? whats it mean? if anyone knows share and if not guesses are welcome. discuss amongst your selves.

Posts: 133 | From: Needham, MA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
electricmayhem

Member # 4

- posted      Profile for electricmayhem   Email electricmayhem   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GQJSP:
Flag of the Shiners?

Whered it come from? whats it mean? if anyone knows share and if not guesses are welcome. discuss amongst your selves.

no idea, ive tried to think of something... but come to think of it, im bad with connections like this... burton may know... if he comes back here...

Posts: 526 | From: Buenos Aires, ARG | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ende

Member # 9

- posted      Profile for ende   Email ende   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.. Shiners are some group I think. For some reaosn im thinkin they're similar to Masons or something. I could be way off.
Posts: 312 | From: DC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam Tiller

Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Adam Tiller   Email Adam Tiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ende:
Hmm.. Shiners are some group I think. For some reaosn im thinkin they're similar to Masons or something. I could be way off.

that's the Shriners...then again, when I first saw the name, I thought it was Flag of the Shriners...they're the ones who ride around on the little bitty motorcycles I think.

Adam

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
brendan

Member # 10

- posted      Profile for brendan   Email brendan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flag of the Shiners...

It could mean anything but my uneducated guess says: A flag is a symbol of nationality or even represents any group. usually people are proud of their flag and would fight for what they beleive that flag represents.

Who are the Shiners? Im guessing its a group of people but thats not important its about their flag...so the question at hand is what are the morals and ethics that the flag represents, or even what do the Shiners beleive in?

basically i have no idea what it means...

Posts: 9 | From: Woodbury, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kate

Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Kate   Email Kate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well when me and my dad go fishing we call the fish shiners....

and sometimes when you get a black eye you call it a shiner...

so maybe it means that charlie here likes fish...or black eyes...

Posts: 11 | From: CT | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam Tiller

Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Adam Tiller   Email Adam Tiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
black eyes...it's definitely black eyes

you rock my socks...that was hilarious

Adam

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leigh

Member # 38

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shiner:
*One that shines, as a star, jewel, or coin.
*Slang. A black eye: got a real shiner from stumbling into the door.

*Any of numerous small, often silvery North American freshwater fishes of the family Cyprinidae, especially one of the genus Notropis.
*Any of various other small silvery fishes.

let the guessing begin...

Posts: 77 | From: Boston | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | STATE RADIO | Privacy Statement